Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Series 1 Ch. 2

Mewtwo had always had a soft spot for this particular Gardevoir, ever scince she was a Kirlia.

She didn't know that, so when she saw the artificial Pokemon, she tried to Teleport away. "Curses," she muttered, "out of energy for it."



"Are you afraid of me?" the cat asked curiously.



"Yes I'm afraid of you!" she cried out.



He couldn't blame her, after all he had done in the past. "Look, I'm not here to hurt you," he said, noting the tears running down the human-like Pokemon's face.



"H-How am I su-supposed to b-believe th-that?" she stammered out of fear.



Mewtwo sighed. Why was it always like this whenever he spoke to other Pokemon? "Why have you been crying?" he said, eager to change the subject.



"T-Team G-G-Galactic just k-k-killed my t-t-trainer," she muttered, trying to keep her emotions in check. She didn't want to seem weak in front of such a powerful Pokemon.



"Cecil was killed? How?"



"I-I-I don't kn-kn-know exactly... But... I think I heard a C-C-Clefairy use Spacial R-R-Rend..." she said, barely keeping in tears.



Mewtwo lowered his head. "And they spared you?"



"Not exactly... Well... They originally came to recruit him... They threatened to kill me if he didn't... But Cecil told me to Teleport away, that he would be..." she broke off, she couldn't keep herself from crying.



Mewtwo looked at the graceful Pokemon for a few moments. "Well... We can only hope that he may have survived." It was beyond hope, but he needed some way to comfort her... He couldn't see her in distress like this.



Gardevoir closed her eyes - she had Lifesight - and started crying again. "N-N-Nothing..." she said between sobs.



Mewtwo silently cursed at himself. All he did was make it worse.



Gardevoir collapsed onto her knees. "I guess I knew it would happen... I hope that Arceus judges him well... Everything he did, was for me, or for someone else... Including dying..." She sobbed harder.



Mewtwo tried to think of some way to cheer her up. "Well, if that's true, then he's defnitely going to be judged well," he said firmly.



Gardevoir looked up at him, her eyes puffy and red. "Are you sure?" she inquired.



"I'm... Positive." he said, although he was no such thing.



"Thank you, Mewtwo... You've lessened the blow this struck me..." She got up, tears flowing at a less steady rate.



The cat sighed. At least this cheered her up a small bit. "Erm... What will you be doing now?"



Gardevoir thought for a moment, then spoke. "I don't think it's safe to go home... for now. Can I stay with you for a while?"



Mewtwo was taken aback by the request. "I suppose..." he muttered without thinking.



"Thank you," she muttered. She needed to be alone, and Mewtwo was generally so quiet, it was like being alone. Gardevoir looked up. "Shall we head to your cave?"


"Yes, unless you want to be caught in a storm," the cat said glancing at the cloudy sky.


Mewtwo wondered if Gardevoir felt the same about him, as he did about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment